Ugh the cost of skin care?
I get that “why does it have to be so expensive!” But, I have to say there are some products that are worth every penny. There are plenty of products that promise things that they shouldn’t and those that you can find for a better price. You only get one of everything, sometimes two, but skin is one of them. If you are a young woman, glowing in the beauty of youth, please take these suggestions to heart:
1. Cleanse & moisturize well every day. If only once, preferably at night, you skin should be clean and moisturized while you sleep, when your body is rejuvenating.
2. Cool water splashed on your skin throughout the day will do wonders for keeping it clean and fresh
3. Sunscreen! Tinted sunscreen for formal or office days where you need to look your best.
4. Sunscreen! Yes I did it twice. Better yet, don’t sit in the sun. Sun damage is the worst and longest lasting, virtually irreversible damage you can do to your skin.
5. Wear a hat while in the sun for more than 5 minutes! It’s like the sunscreen thing but different.
6. Avoid heavy foundation. This is not necessary for ANY age! On younger women it covers up their lovely natural glow and older women, it reveals every nook and cranny you are hoping to avoid! Aforementioned tinted moisturizer which I will highlight on another post.
Today’s Product of choice:
Kiehl’s – this is a great product that does everything it promises. And a whole set of the basics will cost you about $125 but it actually does last you a few months. I admit when I was on a tight budget I didn’t buy the whole “regime” cleanser, toner, daytime moisturizer, nighttime moisturizer etc. But I did buy the one thing that I could not replicate via budget friendly options. Good moisturizer. I have shared the link to their webpage below.
$ – Dollar Store
$$ – Drug store brand
$$$ – department store brand/independent brand
$$$$ -High end store/boutique